Welcome to the walkthrough of Programming Principles and Practice using C++¶
- Chapter 1 - Computers People and Programming
- 1. What is software?
- 2. Why is software important?
- 3. Where is software important?
- 4. What could go wrong if some software fails? List some examples.
- 5. Where does software play an important role? List some examples.
- 6. What are some jobs related to software development? List some.
- 7. What’s the difference between computer science and programming?
- 8. Where in the design, construction, and use of a ship is software used?
- 9. What is a server farm?
- 10. What kinds of queries do you ask online? List some.
- 11. What are some uses of software in science? List some.
- 12. What are some uses of software in medicine? List some.
- 13. What are some uses of software in entertainment? List some.
- 14. What general properties do we expect from good software?
- 15. What does a software developer look like?
- 16. What are the stages of software development?
- 17. Why can software development be difficult? List some reasons.
- 18. What are some uses of software that make your life easier?
- 19. What are some uses of software that make your life more difficult?
- Chapter 2 - Hello World!
- 1. What is the purpose of the “Hello, World!” program?
- 2. Name the four parts of a function.
- 3. Name a function that must appear in every C++ program.
- 4. In the “Hello, World!” program, what is the purpose of the line return 0;?
- 5. What is the purpose of the compiler?
- 6. What is the purpose of the #include directive?
- 7. What does a .h suffix at the end of a file name signify in C++?
- 8. What does the linker do for your program?
- 9. What is the difference between a source file and an object file?
- 10. What is an IDE and what does it do for you?
- 11. If you understand everything in the textbook, why is it necessary to practice?
- Chapter 3 - Objects, Types and Values
- Try This
- Chapter 4 - Computation
- conditional statement
- divide and conquer
- member function
- Try This
- Chapter 5 - Errors
- Try This